Joseph Cartron established the namesake liqueur house in 1882 which quickly became famous for its Crème de Cassis de Bourgogne. Having no children, he left the business to his brother Armand, who managed it with his son Henri. Henri was integral in increasing distribution on an international level while his son (also named Armand) used his refined palate to perfect the recipes and expand the portfolio. Xavier, Henri’s son, took the reins in 1990 and further expanded and modernized the company before passing the torch to his daughter Judith in 2011. Joseph Cartron selects fruit varieties closest in spirit to the Burgundian terroir. The delicate production is carried out by our skilled team who utilizes the recipes that have been passed down for many generations.